a brand-new triumph speed triple r has joined the garage family! i am very excited about this new bike, and have posted a quick promo video and a few promo images from triumph to give a sense of the new bike. the bottom line is that the speed triple r is a super fun motorcycle, not at all uncomfortable (especially compared to hard-core sport bikes like the bmw s1000rr that i was riding previously ... ), and is a very unique bike on the street. i've been out riding a little with some friends and cannot wait to get out some more! look for some personal gopro footage in the future ... woohoo!
so, what's so special about this bike? well, here's a short list of why i love this bike:
- 1050cc inline 3-cylinder engine with ~140bhp (~103kw) and ~82ft-lbs (~112nm) of torque
- ohlins nix30 upside-down forks with rebound + compression damping
- ohlins ttx36 twin-tube mono shock with rebound + compression damping
- brembo 4-piston monobloc radial calipers (front), nissin 2-piston sliding caliper (rear)
- user-selectable rbw (ride-by-wire) riding modes (rain, road, sport, track, custom) with selectable abs and traction-control
- just look at it! it's looks downright sexy! seriously ... check out the dual exhaust, bar-end mirrors, and aggressive front headlights! this is awesome!
ps ... i bought mine in crystal white, not matte graphite.